Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Kitchen Success!!

This weekend Keira and I made Bagels! They took a lot longer than I thought they would to rise, I think because we use 100% whole wheat flour, so we broke up our baking session over two days. Saturday, we made the flour and let the dough rise once and then we put it in the fridge for the night. Sunday morning, I set my alarm for 6am so I could get up and take out the dough and let it come to room temperature by the time we woke up and had breakfast.

After we made pancakes, the dough was at room temperature, so we added in our cinnamon, sugar and raisins. We then divided the dough into 14 little balls,weighing each one to make sure they were about the same size. We poked a hole in each one and tried to get them to resemble a bagel as much as possible and let them raise again.

I am so please with how they turned out! Keira loves them, of course. She still thinks they are doughnuts! If she grows up thinking that is what doughnuts are and doesn't eat a real doughnut... I don't object!


No comments:

Post a Comment