Sunday, March 28, 2010

Garden Update

I started out today thinking that I would spend about 20 - 30 minutes pulling some weeds in the garden area and cleaning off the patio in the backyard. WRONG! I ended up spending the entire afternoon/evening working on the yard again. I'm really enjoying it! I love seeing my little sprouts growing!

Today, Jason and I had a very productive day!!! Here's what we accomplished:

We thinned out all the dead branches from the "Mushroom" tree.
Moved the monster rocks to the other side of the yard, by the pool.
Cleaned up all the old fall leaves.
Cleaned up the patio furniture.
Moved the furniture to a new location in the yard.
Jason cleaned out the shed and worked on the pool sweep.

Then.... here's how I finished up the afternoon:

Pulled weeds in the garden
Planted some corn, red onions, white onions, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkin and sage.
Made a trip to Home Depot to pick up new sprinkler head.
Made out labels for the 23 different vegetables/fruits/herbs I now have planted.
Started some seeds growing in the kitchen to fill in the areas of the garden where some of my seeds didn't sprout.

A little over a month ago, I thought I'd have a nice and small little garden... and it'd be a fun little hobby to do with Keira. Now, I'm finding that I'm really enjoying the project... and find it pretty relaxing/fulfilling/fun/addicting!

Now, here it is.... closing in on bedtime and I need to take a shower before climbing into bed. I've realized that I forgot to eat dinner. The house is so peaceful and quiet.... Jason's playing hockey and Keira and Bailey are fast asleep! I should get in the shower and go to sleep.... but I'm loving the silence so much, I don't want to move!

OK, scratch that.... Jason just got home from hockey, Bailey is awake... and the TV is going on. It's no longer quiet in here.... guess I'll go take a shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment