Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cleaning out the Kitchen

Last night Keira and I watched Julie & Julia. Well, truthfully I watched it while she slept on my lap, but she kept me company just the same. I thought it was such a cute movie. I loved the premise of it… didn’t realize until the end that it was a true story. Now, I’d like to read Julie’s Blog. It got me thinking…. I’m not looking to “Master the Art of French Cooking”… but I am looking for a change in the way my family eats. I want to go back to basics…. But still keep food interesting and full of flavor. I want something beyond meat and potatoes, but without all the processed/pre-packaged garbage.

I’ve recently been trying to make a major change to what I’m eating. I am trying to extend this to my whole family, but that’s going to be a work in progress as dear hubby loves his potato chips and gummy bears! I’m sticking to a diet of Fresh Fruits, Fresh Vegetables, Whole Grains/Legumes, and Real meat. If it has ingredients that I can’t pronounce I’m not buying it. If it didn’t have a mother… or come from the earth, I’m not going to eat it. I’m clearing my cupboards of items containing High Fructose Corn Syrup and replacing them with healthier options for all of us. Gone are the days of waffles and pancakes made from “Just add water” boxes…. I’ve discovered how easy it is to make them from scratch! And guess what, I’ll let you in on a little secret….. THEY TASTE BETTER! Plus, and this is my favorite part, I have “Little Chef” to teach and help me and she absolutely LOVES cooking with mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment