Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring at last..... Spring at last!

Oh I forgot how much I love spring! I love walking out into my yard every morning and seeing the new growth on the trees, the flowers blooming.... and the sprouts getting bigger and bigger every day!

This weekend, Keira and I decided to take advantage of the warm weather and we pulled out the bike trailer and my bike and took a ride to Grandma Dub's house. It was a short but sweet little ride; just enough to make me realize I need to be riding my bike more. We ended up spending the day getting ready for Andrea's surprise party... which despite a few hurdles (Andrea not wanting to stop studying to leave the house) the party went off without a hitch!

Today, Jason dropped Keira and I off at Grandma Dub's house after a quick trip to Home Depot. We hung out a little bit to say our "see you laters" to Chandra and grabbed my bike and Keira and I rode home. We spend the next few hours working in the yard some more. Today, I laid out the drip line and planted a few more things.

I've been nervous about the bell peppers not sprouting yet, since I have now seen sprouts from a few of the other seeds that we've put in. Keira and I went to the nursery to check out some of the herbs. They had some beautiful red and green bell pepper plants... so I picked up 2 green and 1 red. We also picked up a jalapeño, basil, oregano, and celery.

The Jalapeño



The Celery

The Bell Peppers

The Tomato, Oregano, Basil and Sugar Snap Peas


The Strawberries and Cherry Tomatoes


I realized after spending a few hours doing yard work and going for a couple short rides this weekend how much my body needs by way of getting activity in. I've been really bad for the last few months about getting to the gym. I hope to take advantage of the nice weather and be sure to at least get in some walks this week during my lunch break.




No comments:

Post a Comment