Monday, June 15, 2015

Catching up with a Parmentier

Time passes by... new opportunities present themselves... new challenges faced, new struggles overcome... and a new life welcomed into our family.

Since I last wrote, I've started a new job with a great company.  Hubby broke his back and had spinal surgery to fuse three of his vertebrae together.  We've excitedly welcomed an amazing little boy into our family... he's smart as can be and is a spitting image of hubby!  Keira has continued to amaze us with all that she does.

Hubby and I have shared more than our share of trials and tribulations.  We've survived more tests than I thought we would be faced with during our first nine years of marriage.  We're stronger together now than we were just a few short years ago.  Our little family is incredible... still I want more for us.  I want more happiness, I want more togetherness, I want more laughter and more quality time as a family.

All that's happened.... and  I've reached a place in my life where I'm excited about the future.  I often wonder what the right decision is.  When faced with a life changing decision, will we make the right choice?  What is the right choice for our family?  Will this be better for the kids or not?  Will we be happier?  How will we know what is right?  For years now, I think it's been easier to not make any big changes, but I think the reasons for not doing so have been fear based.  I've realized that being afraid of change/failure is no way to live... at least not the kind of life I want for myself and my kids!

So that leaves the unknown... and I'm welcoming it!  The only thing scarier than the unknown... is staying the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment